1) The Kingdom of God is NOT built on LOVE; it’s built on TRUST.
2) God commands me to LOVE everyone; He commands only my TRUST in Him
3) If I TRUST you, it means you have EARNED it; that also means you can lose TRUST and then it must be rebuilt.
4) Receiving FORGIVENESS and restoring TRUST are 2 different, separate and unequal things.
5) If I have offended you, I can receive FORGIVENESS (love) immediately; but, it will take time to rebuild the TRUST. (The larger the offense, the
the more time it will take to rebuild.)
6) I LOVE a lot of people that I don’t TRUST as far as I could throw them, because they are not TRUSTWORTHY.
7) Relationships are more often destroyed for a lack of TRUST than a lack of love.
8) Marriages end all the time with two people who still love each other; they end because they no longer TRUST each other.
9) TRUST is an investment – a stewardship. It must be protected, safeguarded. I must make more deposits than withdrawals in order to not be
NSF in the relationship.
10) Realizing my full potential as a LEADER (pastor, husband, father, business owner) means I understand how TRUST works. I make decisions everyday that will either cause me to GAIN or LOSE TRUST. A lifetime of building TRUST can be lost in a moment of stupidity. God don’t let us be stupid!