Ok, I know it’s not a catchy title, but you can’t judge the content by the marketing hype! So . . . why post something about promotion? Because the Bible speaks to it and because EVERYONE is looking for it.
I’m thankful to say that Victory is in a great season of growth and momentum. We’ve literally doubled in the last year. The presence of the Holy Spirit is greater than it’s ever been. In the last couple of months alone, we’ve had over 25 people get saved and over 15 received believer’s baptism. Some necessary changes brought the hearts of many to the surface. (Luke 2:34-35) Some necessary weeding brought our collective heart to a place of unity – the first time it’s been there in years. This unity of the spirit is a major factor in bringing the blessing of God into our midst. (Psalm 133:1-3) Realize that unity cannot be created – it can only be protected and maintained. (Ephesians 4:1-3) With that said, I want to shed some light on a few principles regarding how God’s promotes.
• Promotion comes from the Lord. Psalm 75:5-6 “For exaltation comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south.
But God is the Judge: He puts down one, And exalts another.” Notice that “north” was conspicuously left out. Promotion comes from God who “dwells on the sides of the north.” (Psalm 48:2)
• To be promoted, we must SERVE from the BOTTOM UP! (Mark 9:35) Men love titles. The body of Christ needs servants who model their lives after the Lord who didn’t “come to be served but to serve and give His life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:44-45)
• Don’t be Self-Promotional! (Proverbs 25:6-7; Mark 12:39; Luke 20:46)
• Put some legs on your potential. Frankly, who cares about your potential? The universe is filled with people who “could’ve, should’ve and would’ve. Big dreams are a dime a dozen. Blessings come to those who do! It’s like faith
without works . . . just sayin’
• WORK! It’s a 4-letter word to some! ; ) “Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men.” (Proverbs 22:29 – NIV) Get up and put some “kinetic” to your “potential” energy! (Proverbs 16:3)
• Follow through! “See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord.” (Colossians 4:17 – NIV) The race is for “finishers!” Finish what you started! How many times do people commit to something and then just don’t follow through? Showing up is half of
succeeding in life. And you have to do it when it’s not convenient and when you don’t feel like it.
• Attitude! Attitude affects your altitude! It’s not just “doing” the work, but HOW you do it that counts!
• Turn your faith into faithfulness. Demand consistency of yourself. Be faithful in the little things and God will give you bigger things to lead! (Mt. 25:14-30)
• Don’t “despise the day of small things!” (Zechariah 4:10) another way of saying “be faithful in the little things.”
• Motivation! Do it for Jesus – whether you’re being noticed or not. (Colossians 3:23-24)
• Do it with a “spirit of excellence!” (Daniel 1:4; 5:12 – KJV)
• Bear some fruit. (Jn. 8:30-32; 13:35; 15:16)
• Get some followers. “He that thinketh he leadeth and hath no one following him, merely taketh a walk.” ~John C. Maxwell
• Serve with humility. (Proverbs 15:33b; James 4:10; 1 Peter 5:5-6)
Don’t wait to be recognized to do what Jesus has already called you to do – be a servant. Serve the Lord with gladness! (Psalm 100:2 – NKJV)